Saturday, May 2, 2009

Last Chance Last Dance


Lucia and Pablo love smelling the sweet spring rain. 

As many of you out there, I am a truely last minute kind of woman.....meaning....I will work and work until the last minute. I will procrastinate anything of remote importance to the last minute.....SO of couse I am going to craft to the last minute before my week long visit to Newport Beach, California.

I initially planned on making some mens cargo patchy shorts for the ol' etsy shop, but you know me....ever distractable and always multitasking......I almost finished them, but I decieded to stop and pack for my trip.

In between working on these pants I became insprired to update a hoodie I no longer wore.

I went to this phine university for two years before moving to Alabama.....This is where I met the love of my life....actually we met at a music festival four hours from the university....the rest is history. ;)

One of my dogs kindly chewed a hole near the wrist cuff, which was remedied by shortening both sleeves....no hem necessary because jersey knits rock!! 

I added a nice chunky applique to the fron to cover the boring silk screen....I never played any sports at SIUC anways..... I used a jersey tank top for the floral print and scraps from previous applique projects (I don't throw anything aways, just ask Miguel....)

I like the way it turned out, very organic ya know? It was also a good way for my to further hone my applique skills.....I'm still pretty green in this area. 


As requested by a few stitchn' bitches here is a pic of the swim suit I made for my trip. I did some elastic stitchin on the bodice for support and shape. I can wear it with the rouching in the front or back.


.....I'm too shy for a full out modeling session of this.....I'll take a pic on the beach once I have a lil liquid courage. tee hee ;P

Hugs and Love,
Banana

2 comments:

  1. You really girlied up the hoodie! Cute! And that suit is awesome-looking!!! Love the amethyst in the background. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Miss B!!! I always love seeing what you're up to. ;)

    ReplyDelete