Sunday, May 30, 2010

Crafting in my roots.

I can't believe summer has finally arrived. I have had my head to the ground in preparation of my upcoming wedding.

I have been most busy altering a vintage bridal pattern for myself. That's right, I am making my wedding dress. And because I am little bit crazy, I am going to make my bridesmaids dresses as well.

I have big crafty shoes to fill.

mama and her girls

My mom made her dress when she married my dad. She also made her bridesmaids skirts. Throughout my childhood my mother was always making something or renovating some part of the house. I like to say she is the perfect combination of Martha Stewart and Bob Villa. She is Nancy, the maker of all things awesome. I mean she made me, right?


bride and maid of honour

My sister, mom, and step mom threw the sweetest birdal shower for me. My sister and mom painted poenies on martini glasses with some enamal paint for our party favours. It was so easy paint, bake, and sip. They also made a super tastey lunch complete with mimosas.

If you are wondering about my pretty dress here is the scoop.

I finally made myself a dress from one of my favourite designs. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this lonely yellow vintage bed sheet at the local resale shop. Isn't is dreamy? See the green and white tier of the ruffle. I had it leftover from a skirt I sold a few years ago. Hoarding validation.

huggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment