Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bring on the Rain Bring on the Phunk

I live in the Tennessee Valley Area. We are surrounded by the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When it rains here the rainclouds get real comfy like and stay here for days. Some people don't care for the rain, but I love it! I love any excuse to stay home and sew. The rain makes my two doggies extra tired, so they leave me to my creating.

I made some eco friendly powdered laundry soap and I thought I would share it with all of you. I have saved lots of moolah doing this as well. I found this original recipe on craftster.org, but with further research this recipe is tried and true and has been used for years! The best part is that I bought all of these ingridents at my local grocery store. All you need is food processor or one of those old fashioned biscuit dough tools. ..............You will need
  • 1 cup Borax: 20 mule team
  • 1 cup Washing Soda (not baking soda!)
  • one mild bar of soap (in this batch I used Fels Naptha, but Ivory Soap works well as does a nice castille soap such as Dr.Bronners) chopped up
Blend all of this up until it is pretty "smooth" it should look like this.
To use in washing machine use 1-2 tablespoons dependin on how much of a Garbage Pail Kid you Are.......A lil bit of this works great for great for your unmentionables you handwash in the sink. ;)

In other crafty news I made an awesome vegtarian sanndwich stuffin! Most people have has tuna or chicken salad at some point in their life....even myself. Personaly its been a LONG time since I ate either......

Instead I used garbonza beans/chick peas.....I high reccommend starting with dry beans, they are so much tastier and not to mention easier on your grocery bill. All you have to do is soak them over night, change the water, bring to boil, and then put the lid on lower the heat to medium low and wait about......35 minutes.....


Then simply drain your beans and mash them until your preferred consistency. Add to taste any of the traditional "salad" fixins. I used mayonnaise (the real or vegan stuff will work fine here), dijon mustard, celery, kosher pickle, toasted nuts (i used walnuts), lemon juice or dash of white wine vinager, and salt/pepper. Voila!

Serve on starch of your choice and garnish as you please......
My etsy shop is hutsling and bustling.....I've got several custom orders in the works. Miguel made an awesome tourmaline hat pin....Check it out!
My loving Mate Miguel grows more and more as an artist everyday. It's a beautful thing to watch.......
In the next few days I will be adding the following to my shop.....

one yellow pixie skirt
one butterfly theme pixie skirt
one teenage mutant ninja tutle skirt
one jungle theme skirt
one deady pair of wrap pants
one swingtown blouse

hugs!
Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment