Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wait and the Wind will Come

That's what Miguel and I say about windsocks. Patience is a hard thing to come by around here though.

Check the wrap pants I made for myself to wear to the art show......

I usually use a knit stretchy material for the main fabric, but this time I used a polyester type linen woven fabric. 

They turned out quite classy if I do say so myself......
Last night I set up my booth for the art show this weekend. Geez I wish I had another clothing rack. Mig claims he will build one for me with some scrap PVC pipe we have lying around, but I will believe it when I see it. :) Hopefully one of us can scrounge one from work to borrow........

I realized I have alot more inventory than I previously thought. I was goin through everything for a final quality inspection... feeling a little down and unsure.... I don't know why. I will feel SO much better when this is all over..... 

 I also started figuring out my prices for this event. Its gonna be at the local art musem and they want a 25% donation per item sold. WOW right?! So I am readjusting all of my prices so that my time gets rewarded too.

 I did some handsewing on a dear friend's jacket that needed mending.  I don't know what it is about handsewing, but it's very relaxing. Its probably the quiet relfection that I needed.

Here is my donation piece for the show.......An upcycled fancy apron..... (*note my TV pal Bob Ross  hee hee)

I used a super cute vintage pillow case, vintage buttery polyester knit, and a sage green scrap from my stash.......

It was a quick and gratifying project. I think I may have to whip up a few of these for the shop.....next week. 

much love,
Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment