Monday, March 23, 2009

I can't get no satisfaction


I started doin my taxes and WOW I underestimated how complicated Self Employment taxes can be when you have no idea what you are doing ......  It doesn't help that I am the least organized person I know......So I will let you know how all of that turns out. I just have to keep telling myself that it will be easier next year....

Does anyone have any tips for staying organized in terms of the business side of things.....? 

I live and breathe sewing, but I could care less for the financial stuff. I would love to trade for everything, but trades don't pay the utlities or for the mortgage on our house.  I suppose I should start with quarterly reports of my income, expenses, and so on. I am so green when it comes to that stuff........One my stitchn bitches (hahaha!) uses a notebook to record how much time she spent on each item. I should def do this.......I mean I have plenty of notebooks, but they are filled with sketches and doodles.

I managed to get my craft on today, in addition to family time, grocery shoppin, bank stop, and the aforementioned tax fun. 

I made these super fun gaucho pants for yours truely it's been almost a year since I stitched myself something. My friend Tom gave me this fabric formerly known as curtains. :D It gave me a chance to work on my woven gaucho pattern.....These feature a drawstring waist and are extra wide leg. I see myself doin some serious hooping in these. 


Bust a move.

I made these pants for the shop. I scored this super funky blue stretch fabric with viney-ness knit into the fabric. These are going to make some mama very happy.  My little Lucia (loo-sha) liked these pants so much, she had to give me a pound during the photoshoot.


I bought some vital wheat gluten at the health food store today. I am going to attempt my own seitan. I'm pretty stoked, I just started getting into the good ol'wheat meat. I SO over tofu right now because they do not offer recycling for the containers. I can not in good faith buy it, I mean there are only so many ways to reuse those awkward rectangle containers with no lid. You feel me?  I will be sure to share my process and results. 


Wish me luck and feel free to drop some wheat knowledge on me

your pal, 
Banana





1 comment:

  1. You are so cute mama!!!! I should start doing tiny dye baths with those tofu containers!!!

    ReplyDelete